Tuesday, April 27, 2004

This may be controversial, but...

I was browsing through the Knitter's Review Messageboard, and I began reading the Knitting Celebs, Movies, Jokes, etc. forum. I found a post in regard to the movie Lost in Translation, and more specifically, in regard to whether or not Scarlett Johansson's character in the movie is a serious knitter or not.

You know, as if it truly matters.

Anyway, I started reading the replies, and I came across this:


"...She obviously wasn't a committed knitter. If she had been, she would have been knitting on the train, in the lobby, shopping for yarn, etc..."


I guess the only way that you can be considered a committed knitter is if you let knitting and every aspect of it consume your entire life. I guess "committed knitters" are simply people who are not well rounded in any way, shape or form; nor do they show interest in anything that does not involve knitting. Moreover, committed knitters must use every single opportunity of "down time" to knit something -- anything, otherwise they clearly are not committed. How dare a knitter simply sit in peace and just be when they could be knitting something? Committed knitters must live, breath, and think about knitting, stitches, yarn and techniques AT ALL TIMES otherwise they are simply casual knitters who do not take the craft seriously. And, when I say craft, I mean "way of life," because knitting is a way of life for committed knitters and anyone who considers it a craft or a hobby is just a casual here and there knitter.

Come on now. You're kidding me, right? Why do people have to get so out of hand about things like this?

It should go like this: Knitting? Oh, cool.
Not like this: OH MY GOD! KNITTING! AWESOME! I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE MYSELF UNLESS I HAVE TWO NEEDLES IN MY HANDS AT ALL TIMES!!! TO HELL WITH EVERYTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE -- I MUST KNIT!!!

...

On a side note, I'm going to go see A Perfect Circle on Saturday, and I'm pretty excited about that. I also started a purple poncho (I'm SOOO gonna look like Barney in this thing, but I don't care), and I'm looking forward to perhaps finishing it in time for the concert.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]Itgives them a seductive and beguiling look, providing them the [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany heart necklace[/url] curiosity they wish since the same . More and more youngsters have become the frenetic pursuers of [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany online[/url] Tiffany . The genuine reports about the other part could potentially [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany jewelry outlet[/url] be created in sterling silver, Murano wine glass and valuable metals . "We are without a doubt the most vertically integrated jeweler in the [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany outlet online[/url] world," said Kowalski . A good deal much more youngsters are getting [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany outlet store[/url] the frenetic pursuers associated with Tiffany . Tiffany隆炉s creative essence and ideas are brought out the rich with American characteristics: simple clear lines tell sober clarity and exciting move of God隆炉s elegant . Tiffany & Son.[/p]

April 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home