Thursday, April 15, 2004

Thank you.

I just wanted to thank everyone who left me messages in comments and in email. I really appreciate the kind words, and it makes me hopeful that people who were previously unaware of the disease may now at least know that it exists. I have set up a page for information on Corny and FIP at http://thebuddy.blogspot.com, with links to different sites on the internet that have information on the disease. I've really been rather "down" lately, and I feel as though everything I do is starting to reflect that, so I'm doing my best to get through this while trying to smile. I believe that all things happen for a reason, not to sound cliche. I am grateful that I got to have someone so special in my life, even if it was only for a few short years. I learned many things, about myself, about life. Sounds silly, doesn't it? That's okay. I don't mind.

This entry will have little or no links to pictures because I am working on the dreaded laptop again. Sorry to disappoint.

I nearly completed one of the gift packages yesterday, however I was displeased with the finished product. As I am not a stranger to the frog pond, I ended up joyfully frogging the half that I deemed "not worthy" and started that half over again late yesterday afternoon around 4 PM. Twelve inches down, fourteen inches to go. Not bad since its not even 24 hours later, right? The original half that I frogged to start over wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good enough to be immortalized in the same piece that had such "greatness". Well, in my opinion anyway. I proved my case to Mike and even convinced him that it really is about time that I get a good blocking board. I feel as though if I had the board to use in the first place, I wouldn't have needed to visit the frog pond on half of this piece. I really don't know if that is true or not, but for now, I'm happy to believe that I stink at measuring instead of believing that I stink at counting. Is there really a difference? Um, probably not, but ignorance is bliss these days. Anyway, I'm really pleased with the way the re-knit portion is coming out so I'm happy I chose to frog the piece I was less happy with.

This morning, driving home, I took a detour to the new Wal-mart on 22. I had twenty dollars in my pocket, and I felt as though I needed to get some alone-time-retail-therapy under my belt. I walked out with ten dollars worth of yarn. To my defense, only two of those skeins were for me -- the color was on clearance, and since I had two already at home, I felt that it was best to try to purchase as many in that color as possible, so I took the last two they had. All the other skeins, which were mostly discounted, are for gifts for other people, so I think my purchase is justified. I felt so great about spending that measley bit of money on supplies for other people that I even treated myself to a #2 at McDonalds! In the words of my father, I'm "going to turn into a McDonalds," but I'm okay with that. For now anyway. I'm pretty sure I'll regret eating junk next week. *sigh*

Today was the first day that I decided to start religiously slathering SPF45 on myself before I leave the house. One of my biggest fears is having a leather face like those women who opt to coat themselves in grease and bake themselves in the sun -- like chickens roasting in olive oil, so I figured that today was a good day to start a new regimen. I'm not saying that I've never done the greasy chicken roast thing myself, however I'm quite sure I value healthy skin more than I value what some consider a healthy glow. I can get that bronze glow from a bottle these days anyway.

Over the weekend (Sunday? Monday? I dunno...) I got to pick up quite a few skeins of yarn in order to make a very special blanket for the house, but I don't plan on starting that for at least another month, so I'm not going to even include that in my little WIP list yet. I'm really excited about it though. I want it to be my prized piece, and even if it comes out really crappy, it will end up being my prized piece anyway.

Speaking of WIPs, I will be updating the progress charts momentarily after I publish this post. Exciting, isn't it?

And, speaking of "WTF????'s", I just caught an episode of Extreme Makeover last night and I can honestly say that I was HORRIFIED. At everything about the show really. The scary looking people (and teeth!!!) that were getting made over, the fact that people were totally unrecognizable after their extreme plastic surgeries, and the fact that these two people "FOUND LOVE" during their makeover. I'm sorry, but yeah. The more I saw, the more horrified I was and I couldn't figure out what emotion I should have been feeling other than horror. Sure, I'll admit, sometimes I laughed, but that makes me cruel, and I'm really not that much of a cruel person. The previews for the next episode horrified me even more and I literally turned to Mike and said, "I can no longer whine about the fact that I have a grey streak in my hair anymore," and he just nodded and agreed.

I also caught an episode of the Bachelor with Jesse Palmer. Hello? Jesse Palmer? Why are you on the Bachelor? Shouldn't you be PRACTICING? I mean, seriously, its not like the Giants are any good at this point, but at least give your team's loyal fans the illusion that you are trying to change that, okay? I can honestly say that I've never watched any episode of this program before and thought it was pretty funny. In fact, I got really excited when I found out that there was a spy, and began exclaiming things like "ooooh! that would be the perfect job for me!" etc, etc. But that novelty wore off when less than half way through the episode, they showed everyone who the spy was. Lame. It was cooler when we all sat there guessing, right? I think so. I also decided that if Mr. Quarterback trusts his friend there enough that he would want her assistance in choosing a mate, then he should have just ended up with her, said "screw you" to the producers of the show, and should go back to PRACTICING. He's no Joe Montana, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, usually, on Thursday afternoons, I post about how I'll be attending a SnB tonight, however I'm not going to be at the one this week. Its just been a really rough week for me, I'm really exhausted, I don't feel like putting on a happy face for all the gals, and I *really* don't feel up to driving there and back tonight. I'm going to miss not seeing everyone tonight, but I'll be there as usual next week, etc. Hopefully, someone will eat some of that peanut butter silk pie in my honor or something. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]Itgives them a seductive and beguiling look, providing them the [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany heart necklace[/url] curiosity they wish since the same . More and more youngsters have become the frenetic pursuers of [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany online[/url] Tiffany . The genuine reports about the other part could potentially [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany jewelry outlet[/url] be created in sterling silver, Murano wine glass and valuable metals . "We are without a doubt the most vertically integrated jeweler in the [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany outlet online[/url] world," said Kowalski . A good deal much more youngsters are getting [url=http://www.distiffanyforsale.com]tiffany outlet store[/url] the frenetic pursuers associated with Tiffany . Tiffany隆炉s creative essence and ideas are brought out the rich with American characteristics: simple clear lines tell sober clarity and exciting move of God隆炉s elegant . Tiffany & Son.[/p]

April 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home