Wednesday, March 10, 2004

GAH!

Okay, I just typed up this SUPER LONG DESCRIPTIVE post, and the internet ATE IT!

*sigh*

I'll try to recap as best I can.

You know those priorities that flew out the window last week? Well, they are half way to Japan right now.

Let me put it this way. I got REALLY BORED of knitting the same stuff. I like variety and this new knitting method was totally cramping my knitting style. On Monday night, I decided that I would do the unthinkable, and start something for myself. Notice how I didn't say "work on something for myself that I have already started". That's important, because that is the kind of knitter (baker, cooker, painter, organizer, etc.) that I am. Like many people, I also got totally sucked into watching Jessica Simpson be dumb for 30 minutes each week on Newly Weds. My jaw could usually be found 2 inches from the ground in awe at both her lack of common sense as well as her amazing wardrobe and accessories. I absolutely fell in love with her shawls, and her buttery leather bag (SHE HAS TWO!!!!!). Don't think that I didn't try to work up a plan to make a replica bag, but I am no leather worker, and frankly, that hobby seems much more expensive than knitting. So, I decided to do my best to replicate (and I'm using that term very loosely) Jessica's shawl. I am not a very flowery kind of person, and I don't crochet, so I was left with airy, openwork stitches and my imagination. My imagination started running away from me, so I turned to the internet and found this pattern (http://knitting.about.com/library/blshawl4.htm).

Two skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Fishermann, that pattern, and a couple of hours on a set of size 17 circulars was all it took to create a really cute (and stretchy) shawl. I LOVE IT. Well, I might love it more if I use one more skein to make it a little bit larger. I like my wraps and shawls super-sized (My Valentine's Day Wrap measured 32"x92", and its my favorite). Plus, I have about 6 skeins left of the yarn so it wouldn't hurt to use a little more up, right? I'm going to bring (i.e. wear) the shawl to tomorrow's SnB so I can see what the gals think about adding more to it.

Also, notice how I started (and finished) a NEW project for myself? Let's not forget about the fact that I have a couple on needles (and on stitch holders) already waiting to be finished. This is very important because it is a perfect example of how I work. And not just for knitting either. I'm like this with baking, cooking, painting, writing songs, organizing, etc. It's a personality trait/flaw that I have learned to embrace, even if it does make my life more difficult at times. :)

I really need to finish the Liv Tyler/Kyoto-esque sweater that I started though. The yarn shipment from Elann is going to get here soon and I know I won't want to be bothered with the sweater once there is new yarn for me to play with.

Scratch that.

I really need to finish the gift items that I started before I finish my Liv/Kyoto-esque sweater, and before I even open the Elann package.

Yes, I really do owe my conscious for that one.

Before I end this entry and go back to knitting, or whatever else I need to do before Mike gets home, please share in this obsession with me. I have been sucked into WEBoggle for the past few days, and I just can't seem to get enough of it. Its really fun, in a boring sort of way. It reminds me A LOT of Bookworm, which I absolutely love, except you play against other people and the letters don't shift. Go here (http://plutor.org/boggle/) and play. If I'm playing, I'll be on there as "nik".

Happy Knitting! (And WEBoggle-ing!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p][url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia[/url] c . As well as my pops not necessarily appropriately, The actual handles her bigger backyard, Gets your own, Aspiring cooking staff, And manages my father while well . Where Can You Get Your Clarisonic Cleansing System?

You can get cheap Clarisonic Brush Heads Clarisonic Cleansing system in this website . Sunscreen products than usual good absorption more, no rubbing mud phenomenon . Feeling [url=http://www.genuineuggaustraliaboots.co.uk]ugg australia boots[/url] okay . I隆炉ll be frank: I think the salespeople at some of these cosmetics shops are either full of it or don隆炉t know what they隆炉re talking about when it comes to the Clarisonic Mia; the term 隆掳breaking out隆卤 does not mean what they think it means . Just step outside and your skin is exposed to countless [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic sale
[/url] pollutants . It however, could result in more skin breakage and sensitivity at the beginning of its use so time and patience is of essence here.[/p][p]and additionally I presume you could find sole not many all those have seen disorders of all the Clarisonic natual skin care model, this kind of may include those consumers by means of remarkably dainty skin area . If you think your usual makeup removal ritual is enough, put it to a test and use a Clarisonic product right after . They can be decorated while there are those that are already complete with awesome decorations . They will make comparisons [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] with more trendy companies and the feeling of inferiority will set in . This means that while I隆炉ll sit and stew over expensive purchases for months and months [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia sale[/url] and months, the minute I spy a cheap version of something, whether or not I need it, I隆炉ll buy it before even thinking twice . Choose a well trusted christmas decoration hire company to supply the Christmas display being desired and is able to faithfully accomplish the service contract being entered into . I t s r e a l l y e a s y t o u s e , y o u s i m p l y j u s t a p p l y s o m e o f y o u r f a v o u r i t e c l e a n s e r t o y o u r f a c e a n d t u r n o n t h e M i a a n d u s e i t i n c i r c u l a r m o t i o n s o n y o u r f a c e . That was no fun at all.[/p]

January 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home