Thursday, February 26, 2004

Stitch 'n Bitch Tonight!

Of course I'm excited, but I'm going to try to keep my high level of enthusiasm to a minimum. I recently watched a couple of interviews with Drew Barrymore and apparently, she scares people with her enthusiasm. So, Drew, if you are reading this -- I feel ya, I really do. One thing that I'm really excited about is that Anne came to me and wants to make something that requires a pattern -- baby booties. I figured that this would be her first pattern, I would help her out. And then I figured that since everyone I know is popping out children, I should make them along with her. So I guess that means that I'm doing a knit along with Anne, sort of. I plan to have these things done by the time I leave that cafe tonight, although I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen because I'll end up people watching, talking, or eating instead... or something. Oh well. The group this week has also been downsized from last week's group. Last week, nine. This week, six. Or seven, depending on whether or not Sami stops by. And, Katie might come by tonight, which is awesome because I haven't met her yet.

I've decided to take a break from frogging the sweaters I bought yesterday. This one sweater, when unraveled, looks identical to Omelette's fur. Omelette is one of my cats -- a long haired calico. These huge wads of yarn could seriously be mistaken for the largest, creepiest hairballs ever.

Anyway, on to some other news. I made a few sets of knitting needles yesterday, and this one set I made is already my favorite so I think I need to make more in the same size, etc. I always tend to use the same sized needles for everything, and to be able to have duplicates of my favorites would be nice. Plus, these babies cost me under two bucks per set. Not bad at all for needles of their diameter. I've noticed that I have gone through some knitting needle phases. First, I loved US 7's. Loved them! Couldn't get enough of them. Couldn't stop making everything with them. Then, I found that I loved US 5's even better. And guess what came next? US 3's. For a long time, I had myself convinced that the 7's were actually quite large and that I could make anything using them. Then I discovered US 10's. I thought these things were the queen bee's of knitting needles. Then I used US 17's. Now, you've got to understand -- 17's are an obnoxious needle size for someone who used nothing greater than a US 5 for almost a year. The needles that I made last night are probably about a US 13 or so. I consider them my happy meduim because the 17's were just too much for me. Deb, from the knitting group, was trying to tell me about these size 30-something needles last week during the meet up. My eyes were probably about as large as an eyelet made with size 30-something needles when she was telling me. Wish I had pictures of that.

I've been getting a lot of knitting done, although since the work has been spread out on more than one project, it really doesn't look like much. I gave the cabled sweater a rest for a little while, and I haven't picked it back up yet. I think the knitting and frogged episode that I went through last weekend took a toll on my enthusiasm for that project. For future projects, I am going to be less indecisive about the yarn I use for projects like that. I did start this very bright, almost day-glo, summer wrap for myself. I was inspired by this beautiful silk Lilly Pulitzer scarf I got for breast cancer awareness, as well as afghans and throws for the late sixties/early 70s. I've got about 10 inches of it completed and it looks beautiful -- very spring-like. Another project that I started is the feather and fan wrap using my teal yarn. This project is on my latest favorite needles, and I've got maybe 7 inches or so completed. I also charted a scottie dog for both regular and illusion knitting, and cast on for a scarf that I wanted to make using it. I didn't particuarly like it (the scarf, not the pattern), so I only have about 2 inches completed on it. I'll probably end up frogging it. I also scored two sweaters very cheap that I am unraveling for another shawl or wrap that I want to make. I still have a lot of work to do on Dana's baby blanket, as well as a toddler blanket for Evan. So much knitting to do, so little time... although I *really* can't use that as an excuse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p][url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia[/url] c . As well as my pops not necessarily appropriately, The actual handles her bigger backyard, Gets your own, Aspiring cooking staff, And manages my father while well . Where Can You Get Your Clarisonic Cleansing System?

You can get cheap Clarisonic Brush Heads Clarisonic Cleansing system in this website . Sunscreen products than usual good absorption more, no rubbing mud phenomenon . Feeling [url=http://www.genuineuggaustraliaboots.co.uk]ugg australia boots[/url] okay . I隆炉ll be frank: I think the salespeople at some of these cosmetics shops are either full of it or don隆炉t know what they隆炉re talking about when it comes to the Clarisonic Mia; the term 隆掳breaking out隆卤 does not mean what they think it means . Just step outside and your skin is exposed to countless [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic sale
[/url] pollutants . It however, could result in more skin breakage and sensitivity at the beginning of its use so time and patience is of essence here.[/p][p]and additionally I presume you could find sole not many all those have seen disorders of all the Clarisonic natual skin care model, this kind of may include those consumers by means of remarkably dainty skin area . If you think your usual makeup removal ritual is enough, put it to a test and use a Clarisonic product right after . They can be decorated while there are those that are already complete with awesome decorations . They will make comparisons [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] with more trendy companies and the feeling of inferiority will set in . This means that while I隆炉ll sit and stew over expensive purchases for months and months [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia sale[/url] and months, the minute I spy a cheap version of something, whether or not I need it, I隆炉ll buy it before even thinking twice . Choose a well trusted christmas decoration hire company to supply the Christmas display being desired and is able to faithfully accomplish the service contract being entered into . I t s r e a l l y e a s y t o u s e , y o u s i m p l y j u s t a p p l y s o m e o f y o u r f a v o u r i t e c l e a n s e r t o y o u r f a c e a n d t u r n o n t h e M i a a n d u s e i t i n c i r c u l a r m o t i o n s o n y o u r f a c e . That was no fun at all.[/p]

January 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]"

Today, quality and cost control remain top priorities for Tiffany's supply chain operations . It is possible to simply choose need to make sure match that group, along with should you be prepared to tell the earth about you confidence, by simply wearing degrees of fabulous tanzanite jewelry! . It is best to stay away from chokers and even big, thick beads near the neck that add a thickness to your throat . right after a prolonged fight with a large amount of turns and plot twists the Na'vi win . Even, you can use your Tiffany bracelet to save yourself when you are in a dangerous status . Of course, I am the member of this group . 1853, Charles Tiffany alone to take over the store, the initials for the jewelry company [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]cheap tiffany and co[/url] Tiffany (Tiffany & Co . Jewellery is their essential accessory . Although customized trinkets is calm enough to forestall Tiffany ornaments scams.[/p][p]The opening of Debenhams and Selfridges in 1909 marks the beginning of the path dominance as a shopping center . Then Pandora, you're capable [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]discount tiffany[/url] to consist of only the Cheap Pandora Beads charms you want . Wearing it has already become a symbol of statue, and it will [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]tiffany and co sale[/url] always lead the fashion . Jewelry is commonly flaunted with any robe and it is the capability to offer you finesse in your persona . Residents enjoy cultural institutions, athletic facilities, and stores and restaurants of the highest order . She isn't thrilled due to the truth that she thinks he is a dolt . Drop [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]tiffany for cheap[/url] earrings or short dangle earrings operate nicely and pearls or diamonds [real or fake] add elegance and sparkle . "Despite the best of intentions, the location of this mine is so inherently problematic that it is simply not worth the risk of a catastrophic [url=http://www.tiffayforsale.com]cheap tiffany jewelry[/url] event . One shaped like a three-leaf clover, a Tiffany Blue showing praying hand.[/p]

April 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home