Monday, February 23, 2004

Step away from those stitches!

I have yarn commitment issues. I'm sure of it. Its probably one of the major reasons I don't want to purchase higher priced yarn -- I'll love it and leave it just like the rest. *sigh*

Well, the story goes like this.

I started making the cardigan (v1.0) using Yarn A. I completed, oh say, 8.25" of the back using Yarn A, and I decided that I would rather make said cardigan using Yarn B. Well, dandy! I just frogged that bad boy early Friday afternoon and I started making the cardigan (v2.0) using Yarn B. I cast on, knit several inches, frogged it, cast on, knit a couple inches, frogged it, had a slight hissy fit about why the hell I can't just pick a yarn and go with it, cast on, decide to start with the ribbing instead of the body, hate it and frog it. This went on late into Saturday evening.

Seriously. I have the most dysfunctional relationship with my yarn. I should seek therapy.

Of course, this whole cast on ("cast on... *click click*... cast off... *click click*-- the caster!") cast off phase I went through took a toll on me, as it took up a lot of time unnecessarily and it drained my creative soul. I couldn't even sleep because I was going through one of those must-think-about-knitting-can't-sleep-yarn-will-tie-itself-into-knots-if-I-do-sleep phases. I ended up falling asleep at (and keeping Mike up until) a little after 3:30 in the morning.

I must have had a yarn therapy session in my sleep because I woke up with the greatest ideas, in my opinion, for projects that I want to work on.


And to bring up Stitch n Bitch, I think it was fairly successful. Unfortunately, school was out that week and it was VERY busy (and smokey, and loud) as a result. I've gotten confirmation from several people that the shop is not actually like that on your typical Thursday, so the group probably was not as impressed with it as I was. In fact, they probably think that I was smoking crack when I said it was the perfect place to meet up. I swear on Elann.com, you guys -- only the back room that was seperated by little curtains had a few people in it, and four people were in the rest of the place! It wasn't loud, smokey, OR busy! Hopefully people will keep coming back, because overall, it was a lot of fun and it was a nice way to meet some new people. And, hopefully, new people will be joining us as well. I read somewhere where someone said that it could take months for a knitting group to get up to 5 members who meet. We started with nine. We would have started with twelve, but two were at a concert and one was ill. That's not bad for a first meet-up, right? Plus, we are finally "official" and listed on the www.stitchnbitch.org website. Hopefully we will get more traffic now, because it would be great to have a really large and diverse group. Everyone who showed up was so nice, and everyone's projects were so beautiful and cushy. It was a really great atmosphere -- very creatively charged. Unfortunately, I remember everyone's name and face except for one person because I couldn't hear her (I'm sorry!). She was working on Zeeby's Bag from the Stitch 'n Bitch book, and she was Tina's friend. She had an AWESOME hat on, which of course was one of the first things I noticed because I have a sick infatuation with hats. I want to make sure I get her name the next time I see her because I feel like a tart for not remembering it (or hearing it?) now.

Anyway, on a non-knitting side note, I have felt so drained since Thursday. In fact, on Friday I was practically useless. I know it sounds like such a sin to blame being introverted for this, but its so true. I hope I get into the swing of things soon. For some STRANGE reason, it never dawned on me that trying to lead/get together/organize a group of 15 would be draining. Which, really, is just unheard of for me to not think of. Ask Anne. I remind her all about introvert traits all the time just to make sure she doesn't think I'm crazy. Although, now that I think of it, reminding her that I am an introvert and not crazy probably makes her think that I *am* crazy. Its a no win situation!

On Sunday, Mike and I ended up going down to Toms River to celebrate his parents' birthdays. I was to make the surprise dinner AND desert. You know, I totally don't mind doing that kind of stuff at all -- in fact, I thrive on it -- but for some reason, I had such PERFORMANCE ANXIETY that I felt like I was going to bust apart at the seams. I'm sure it had NOTHING at all to do with the fact that I was working on very little sleep and that I was still emotionally exhausted from Thursday!!! I ended up making an Eli's style cheesecake from scratch that came out so absolutely delicious, tall, and light (mind you, nothing about the ingredients in this cheesecake were light or low in anything by any means) that I'm doing nothing but craving it. I also made my special pork chops (pan seared over high heat, then poached (?) in a cranberry balsamic garlic sauce until they are done. BEST PORK CHOPS EVER. Everyone loved them and there were no leftovers, which totally shocked me because I made A LOT of food. It was enjoyable and I'm glad everyone had a good time.

And, speaking of food -- am I the only one who LOVES pizza with pepperoni and pineapples?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p][url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia[/url] c . As well as my pops not necessarily appropriately, The actual handles her bigger backyard, Gets your own, Aspiring cooking staff, And manages my father while well . Where Can You Get Your Clarisonic Cleansing System?

You can get cheap Clarisonic Brush Heads Clarisonic Cleansing system in this website . Sunscreen products than usual good absorption more, no rubbing mud phenomenon . Feeling [url=http://www.genuineuggaustraliaboots.co.uk]ugg australia boots[/url] okay . I隆炉ll be frank: I think the salespeople at some of these cosmetics shops are either full of it or don隆炉t know what they隆炉re talking about when it comes to the Clarisonic Mia; the term 隆掳breaking out隆卤 does not mean what they think it means . Just step outside and your skin is exposed to countless [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic sale
[/url] pollutants . It however, could result in more skin breakage and sensitivity at the beginning of its use so time and patience is of essence here.[/p][p]and additionally I presume you could find sole not many all those have seen disorders of all the Clarisonic natual skin care model, this kind of may include those consumers by means of remarkably dainty skin area . If you think your usual makeup removal ritual is enough, put it to a test and use a Clarisonic product right after . They can be decorated while there are those that are already complete with awesome decorations . They will make comparisons [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia 2[/url] with more trendy companies and the feeling of inferiority will set in . This means that while I隆炉ll sit and stew over expensive purchases for months and months [url=http://www.clarisonicmiasale4u.com]clarisonic mia sale[/url] and months, the minute I spy a cheap version of something, whether or not I need it, I隆炉ll buy it before even thinking twice . Choose a well trusted christmas decoration hire company to supply the Christmas display being desired and is able to faithfully accomplish the service contract being entered into . I t s r e a l l y e a s y t o u s e , y o u s i m p l y j u s t a p p l y s o m e o f y o u r f a v o u r i t e c l e a n s e r t o y o u r f a c e a n d t u r n o n t h e M i a a n d u s e i t i n c i r c u l a r m o t i o n s o n y o u r f a c e . That was no fun at all.[/p]

January 30, 2013 at 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]Using our thomas sabo bracelet , I隆炉m able to go with these people using our outfits jointly [url=http://www.linksoflondonbraceleted.co.uk]links of london bracelet sale[/url] in will certainly including laid-back clothes plus the clothes for the bash . People can blend these rings to come up with various [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links london charms[/url] styles and designs . Astonished to find out, the second sub-panel started off, there [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]wholesale links of london[/url] was a thomas sabo uk appeal bracelet unbelievably great in it . If you are looking for to reward the outstanding christian louboutin uk shoes and boots with the gorgeous season, it were nonincome producing to be even better if you then click the christianlouboutin . At the finale of any 1990s, as numerous customers planted, the founders within the highly genuine brand Thomas Sabo thought to open up various retail [url=http://www.linksoflondonbraceleted.co.uk]links of london sale[/url] merchants . They not only created a new style, and successfully [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms[/url] established a new market . Pandora bracelets, rings, necklaces and earrings are a dream [url=http://www.linksoflondonbraceleted.co.uk]links of london jewellery[/url] for many . Every particular [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london[/url] person understands that blue could possibly be the token color of stylish and standard Tiffany diamond jewelry.[/p]

February 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home