Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Its 4 AM. Do you know where your hand-eye coordination is?

Well, I sure as hell don't know where mine is. I fear this two inch beast that taunts me from my kitchen, so I don't want to go to sleep until Mike gets back at 6 AM from doing some crazy change control for work. Stupid mouse. Anyway, I figured I would do a small update on the progress of my WIPs.

The wrap that is my version of Vogue Knitting's wrap from Holiday Knits 2k3 is about 13 inches long.

The sage green sweater back is 12 inches long.

I started, frogged, started, then frogged the teal wrap because I've been playing around with needle sizes. Had I not been so indecisive, this wrap would also measure a cool 9 inches.

No progress was made on the other fifty gazillion projects that I have hanging out on needles.

You know, its always so impressive to me when I hear that a fellow knitter is working on only one thing at a time. That's just so foreign to me and requires a certain degree of self control that I seem to lack. In all honesty, I don't believe that I am the kind of knitter that just wants to get things completed. I just like working on things. I know, I know -- who doesn't love finished projects? I don't. The sense of completion is not a cause for celebration for me. I find that I get way more enjoyment and a better sense of accomplishment out of having something on the needles at all times, even if it never gets finished, as long as I am working on it.

Maybe I'm a little odd, or maybe its the fact that it is a quarter to 5 in the morning.

Sidenote: Started taking pictures tonight; Feared that my lack of sleep would cause me to unintentionally pull a piece off its needle and decided to stop. Pictures of my work will happen soon enough (tomorrow maybe?), so enjoy a couple pictures of Corny. The second one is my absolute favorite. He is kissing the camera as I took the picture. Awwwww.

02.01.03 (12) CornySeq1 little

02.13.03 Corny 4 Kisses little


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home